First Visit – When you come to Alegent Health for your appointment, please bring:
- Name and address of all doctors involved in your care
- List of medications and/or nutritional supplements you take and how often a day you take them.
- Your medical insurance and/or Medicaid/Medicare cards, photo identification such as driver’s license or state photo ID
- List of all allergies to medicine, food or environment
- Written authorization from your referring physician if your health plan required one.
- Copy of your living will/advance directives if you have one
- Name and phone number of family member or friend to contact in case of an emergency.
- Written list of past surgeries, hospitalizations and treatments
- Written list of questions you would like to ask your physician
- Items to pass the time such as writing materials or handiwork
- Friend or family member to serve as a “second set of ears.”
If you will be having a procedure with sedation or staying overnight:
- Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing
- Bring glasses, walker, cane, hearing aid and/or case for glasses and hearing aids that are labeled clearly with your name
- Have someone arranged to take you home who is available to stay with you or look in on you regularly for a day or so.
Please do not bring:
- Valuables such as money, jewelry, credit cards or checkbook
- Electrical appliances such as heating pads or electric shavers