Faithful to the healing ministry of Jesus Christ, our Mission is to provide high-quality care for the body, mind and spirit of every person.
Our commitment to healing calls us to:
- Create caring and compassionate healing and learning environments
- Respect the dignity of every person
- Care for the resources entrusted to us as responsible stewards
- Collaborate with others to improve the health of our communities
- Attend especially to the needs of those who are poor and disadvantaged
- Act with integrity in all endeavors
To achieve this Mission, we pledge to be creative, visionary leaders in clinical care, education and research, committed to holistic healthcare throughout the region.
Alegent Creighton Health Vision 2022
Transforming Lives Through Meaningful Relationships...... we will be a fully integrated health organization where the art and science of medicine combine with the power of hope and miracles to measurably improve health and well-being. Faithful to our legacy values, we commit to:
- Place patients and our communities first in all our actions
- Engage with patients, families and communities in their daily lives
- Deliver person-centered, population-based health management, wellness and the full spectrum of care for the communities we serve
- Conduct clinical research that best discovers new ways to prevent, detect and treat diseases
- Create an innovative educational environment and experience that best trains and produces tomorrow?s health professionals
- Empower those who serve to deliver the right care and the best experience, all the time
About Our Mission Wall
The beautiful stained glass mural at left is the focal point at Alegent Creighton Health's system offices located at The McAuley Center, and serves as a reminder of our Mission to all who enter.
Read more about the Mission Wall.
In 1887, Pastor Fogelstrom and five Deaconesses created a ministry that emphasized “works of mercy.” As their ministry progressed, the works of these individuals developed into programs that served the sick, cared for and educated orphaned and neglected children, and offered support for widows and the elderly, which set the course for Immanuel’s future.
In 1910, Sr. Catherine McAuley and the Sisters of Mercy opened Saint Catherine's Hospital at Ninth and Forest Streets. In 1964, a 250-bed hospital, known as Bergan Mercy, was opened near 72nd and Center Streets, The hospital was named in honor of the Sisters of Mercy and the late Archbishop Gerald T. Bergan. Bergan Mercy Hospital became Bergan Mercy Health System of the Midlands in 1985 when Bergan and Mercy Hospital, Council Bluffs, Iowa merged. During 1991, Bergan Mercy Hospital expanded to offer comprehensive healthcare and became Bergan Mercy Medical Center.
In June 1996, Bergan Mercy Health System and Immanuel Medical Center came together to form Alegent Health.
At Alegent Creighton Health our core purpose is to heal the body, mind and spirit. Our most important focus is to care for our patients and their families. To do this, all Alegent Creighton Health employees are expected to serve others by incorporating specific behaviors into their day-to-day work. Our Commitments describe specific day-to-day work expectations based on our mission and values.
We hold a deep regard for the dignity of each person; expressing gratitude for all that has been created by and in the image of God.
Our faith-based healing ministry calls us to form sincere, caring relationships allowing us to share in others’ joys and sorrows.
We uphold the trust people place in us by remaining faithful to our Mission; accountable for honest, ethical and responsible behaviors.
We intentionally work together using our God-given talents to achieve our Mission.
Our passionate commitment to our Mission drives us to exceed expectations and be the best in all we do.
The Community Benefit Report is an overview of our enduring service for the people of the Greater Omaha metropolitan area, northeast Nebraska and southwest Iowa. We provide in excess of $65 million annually in direct Community Benefit, care that is focused on healthcare access for struggling families and investments in services and programs to improve the health of our communities. This service is founded on our Mission that provides daily guidance for our actions which are reflected by our commitment to those with financial need and to preparing the next generation of healthcare providers.
View the Community Benefit Report>>