Under the Weather
Day care for your sick child
When you're a parent, your children come first, but sometimes minor illnesses or injuries happen at inconvenient times, such as when you have to be at work. The Under The Weather program can help.This service is located within Alegent Health Pediatric Place at Bergan Mercy Medical Center. The trained staff of Pediatic Place can provide loving care for your sick child when you can't.
Care is available Monday through Friday from 6:00am to 7:30pm for children 8 weeks through 12 years old. Lunch and snacks are provided unless you would like to provide something different. Your child will need to be enrolled in one of Alegent Creighton Health’s child care centers before he or she may use the program.
Requests for care may be made by calling (402)398-6300 or (402)398-6779, and ask for Under The Weather.
Download the enrollment form
- Space may be limited
- All supplies (medication, diapers, bottles, clothing, etc) are furnished by the parent, and should be labeled with the child's name
- Medicine should be in its original container, and written permission and instructions should be provided
- We will contact you if the child's condition changes. If you cannot be reached, your designated emergency contact will be called. If neither the parent nor the emergency contact can be reached, and the child's condition is worsening, the child will be taken to the Pediatric Express Care or the Emergency Department at Bergan Mercy.
- To limit the exposure of others to the child's illness, please use the Under the Weather entrance.
- Children will only be released to the parent who brought them or to the person whom the parent has granted written permission for them to be released.
For everyone's safety and health, children with the following illnesses cannot be cared for at Under The Weather.
- Chicken pox
- Fifth Disease
- Hepatitis A
- Pinkeye (conjunctivitis, unless the child has been on antibiotics for at least 24 hours)
- Strep Throat (unless the child has been on antibiotics for at least 24 hours)