Alegent Health is committed to operating its facilities and conducting clinical activities in accordance with the Alegent Health Mission Statement and all pertinent federal and state laws, regulations and licensure requirements. Each employee and officer is responsible for ensuring compliance with applicable laws, regulations and requirements, which include the following:
- Physicians, nurses, therapists and other caregivers are to follow the code of conduct and standards of practice developed by their respective professional organizations or colleges.
- Any patient or resident in our care must be treated with dignity and respect.
- All medical records and other information concerning a patient or resident must be treated with confidentiality and granted appropriate legal, professional and ethical protection.
- Free and informed consent must be obtained and documented from all patients or family members prior to the performance of a medical or diagnostic procedure.
- Managed care contracts must clearly identify our professional obligations to beneficiaries. Contracts that fail to provide reasonable health benefits to enrollees or which do not respect the dignity of beneficiaries shall not be entered into.
Ongoing audits and reviews of billing practices will be conducted periodically to ensure that accurate and appropriate bills are submitted to patients, Medicare, Medicaid, other government programs and third-party payors.