Alegent Health requires that all individuals conducting human subject research must complete the CITI (Collaborative IRB Training Initiative) course as part of their baseline training requirements. Additionally, the refresher course must be completed every three years. This training on the protection of human research participants is an important part of protecting the public and preserving the public trust regarding research. (Source: Institute of Medicine report by the Committee on Assessing the System for Protecting Human Research Subjects, 2001). Alegent Health research teams and collaborating teams consist of highly experienced teams, conducting ethical and scientifically meaningful research. Alegent Health supports baseline and annual training consistent with federal standards through the CITI Training Course in The Protection of Human Research Subjects.
Download the protection of research participants form. (Microsoft Word format)
ANNUAL TRAINING/REFRESHER COURSE
Online continuing education at CITI training site
- Attending one Research Team Lunch & Learn session (CEUs are available)
- Submission of documentation of attendance and content of a conference related to human research participant protection
- Attendance at the annual Western Institutional Review Board (WIRB) training.
- Obtaining certification as Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC), Clinical Research Professional (CCRP) or similar
- Home study, self-learning modules and similar, with documentation of completion by the agency offering the training.
- Completion of on-line training in the subject area.