This is a list of questions that you should ask before you agree to participate in a clinical trial. We encourage you to print or write these questions down before your next consultation with any member of your medical team or with the research department.
(Source: National Institutes of Health:
- Why is this research being done?
- What will be done to me as part of the research?
- How will I benefit from the research?
- Could the research hurt me?
- What will the researcher do with my information?
- Will the research cost me anything?
- Who pays if I’m unexpectedly injured in the study?
- How long will the study last?
- What happens if I decide to leave the study early?