Download a flyer
The Trauma Nurse Core Course provides core level trauma knowledge and psychomotor
skills associated with the delivery of professional nursing care to the trauma
patient. This course is offered three times per year.
May 13 & 14th
October 14 & 15, 2013
| (Class is full. No further registrations accepted)
(Registration Deadline - September 6)
Alegent Health Mercy Hospital
800 Mercy Drive
Council Bluffs, IA
Classrooms A & B, Ground floor
Registration: 7:00 a.m
Time: 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Upon completion of this program, the participant will be able
- Perform a rapid, initial assessment of the trauma patient to identify injuries
- Implement appropriate life-saving interventions
- Monitor a patient’s responses to resuscitative efforts
- Communicate with other team members
- Perform as a patient advocate
- Document the care of the trauma patient.
Target Audience: RNs with at least six (6) months clinical emergency
/ trauma nursing experience
Cost: $250 - includes materials, record keeping and fee to the Emergency
Nurses Association (lunch is on your own). NO REFUNDS given after registration
deadline Pre-Registration Required: See page 2 of flyer
for registration instructions.
For more information, contact Katie at 712-328-5396 or Katie