If you are like most people, you wonder what questions to ask employers during a career or job fair. We’ve listed some excellent questions below that will hopefully help fuel a productive and successful conversation at your next career fair. For industries outside of the nursing realm, modify the questions as needed.
- What is the difference between a single hospital and a health system?
- What clinical services does Alegent Health offer?
- Does Alegent Health provide continuing education?
- Tell me about your new employee orientation program.
- How long does the new employee orientation last?
- What type of medication system does Alegent Health have in place?
- Does Alegent Health have professional advancement opportunities?
- What is the cost of living in Omaha? Click here for a Cost-of-Living Wizard.
- What is the starting salary at Alegent for someone with my qualifications?
- Tell me about the benefits that Alegent Health offers.
- Is there a pay differential between B.S.N. and A.D.N. nurses?
- Does Alegent Health have a nursing pool? If so, how does it work?
- Does Alegent Health have rotating shifts or work straight shifts?
- Does Alegent Health hire individuals with expertise outside of health professions?
- What is the pay differential for nights and weekends?
Penmanship is key!
Many employers will offer you the chance to complete a brief information card listing your name, address, phone, graduation date, email address and academic program/area of specialty. Take the time to print neatly and clearly – especially your email address. Better yet, make and print labels in advance and simply apply them to the cards. It would be a sad day to miss out on the job opportunity of your dreams because of poor penmanship!
Check us out and stay connected!