Creighton University Medical Center's trauma service recognizes that the entire continuum of care of the injured patient needs to be addressed. From injury prevention to rehabilitation, Alegent Creighton Health strives to be a leader in the care of the injured. Many patients that will be seen by our staff are initially seen and treated by pre-hospital personnel and critical access centers before being transferred to our facility. We recognize that as a leader in trauma services, it is our responsibility to ensure that educational resources are available to ensure continuity of superior care. We routinely review patient care reports with pre-hospital personnel and provide educational opportunities for healthcare centers in our region.
- Trauma Nurse Core Course ® (TNCC)
- Course in Advanced Trauma Nursing II ® (CATN II)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support ® (ATLS)
- Annual Trauma Symposium (in cooperation with Nebraska Medical Center & Lifenet)
Other educational opportunities individually scheduled:
- Rural Trauma Team Development Course ® (RTTDC)
- Emergency Medical Services run reviews
- Referral hospital case reviews
- Customized trauma lectures
For further information about trauma-related educational opportunities please contact:
Justin Parsley, BSN, RN
Trauma Outreach Coordinator
Continuing Education for EMS Professionals
Alegent Creighton Health Emergency Departments offer EMS professionals many continuing education opportunities throughtout the year at various Alegent Creighton campuses. Get more information at the link below.