Vascular studies pertain to an examination of blood vessels, either arteries or veins. Non-invasive means that the tests are performed without actually entering your blood vessels in any manner.
These tests require no medications, dye, needles or incisions and involve studies of the arteries, veins and carotids.
Equipment used may include blood pressure cuffs, ultrasound and other sensing machines.
Vascular Studies include:
- Carotid artery ultrasound
- Renal artery ultrasound
- Aorta and peripheral artery ultrasound
- Pulse volume recordings of the upper and lower extremities - thoracic outlet & duplex
- Exercise and treadmill testing of both upper and lower extremities (respectively)
- Venous ultrasound of both the upper and lower extremities
- Venous reflux testing
- Vein mapping
- Arterial mapping studies
- Intra-operative duplex ultrasonography
- Lower extremity graft surveillance